Friday, July 17, 2009

It's A Birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


I typically would not be around for mom's birthday because they are back in Kansas and we are here, but because of certain circumstances she is here! (Of course my sisters are missing her...but...shhhhh.... I'm glad she's here.)


Mom and dad's trip went from being a 9 day trip to over a month. It hasn't been a relaxing "vacation" by any stretch but I'm glad, and they are glad that this all went "down" here in Colorado. Since I don't work, I've gotten a lot of "bounding" ;o) time with mom... and dad. I'm glad to have this opportunity to serve dad and to serve and support mom through this time, it's a ministry God's placed in my lap. We've spent hours upon hours in the hospital together...hours on the road back and forth from the hospital (20-30min. one way), and we've gotten some relaxing done around the house.


We are going to fit a celebration in sometime between a trip to the hospital, going to Walmart to get their car serviced, the wound nurses visit, the physical therapist's visit, the oxygen peoples visit, and grocery shopping.

Mom has decided that her meal will be rotisserie chicken, with rice and she hasn't mentioned what veggies yet. I think she's narrowed her cake down to chocolate she just has to decide on what kind of frosting...chocolate, caramel, or fluffy white frosting. Then of course there will be a couple of gifts to open.


Mom, even though this is not the best of circumstances, I am glad you are here. I'm glad that you are where I can help you out and that you aren't having to go through all these different things on your own. I hope your day ends up being a great day and that this "new" year for you will be a blessed one! I love you lots! XOXOXO

2 comments:

Tammy J. said...

Happy Birhday Mom! I love you!!!!

Jeanie said...

Happy Birthday, Julie's mom!