Tuesday, July 28, 2009

To the Dentist

Over the past month we've been trying to get some of us into the dentist as we have money. I was first because I had a filling fall out of my tooth when I was pregnant with Landon (7 years ago). We have a lovely lady at our church who is a dental hygienist and she has volunteered her part of things to help us out. Money was set back to pay for what may need to be done. My filling was replaced and there was money left. So Preston was in next.



I had planned on taking my camera to get some pics and I totally forgot. Preston did well. We found out that he is going to have all four wisdom teeth (I only have two.) One of his bottom ones is facing his other teeth rather then up, which is what one of mine is doing , but because of my age they aren't concerned with it and aren't planning on doing anything about it, but we'll have to keep an eye on it in Preston. We are happy to report that Preston is cavity free! Not so happy to hear that he's going to need braces. Jeff and I have yet to have a chance to fully discuss what steps we are going to take. From the little bit we've talked, I can tell that we disagree on things...we will discuss it later! :)



Today Landon went to the dentist. I decided on Landon rather then Tanner because Tanner has had his fill of dr's with his arm and he's been dealing with "fear" issues and I thought it would be good to give him some time.



Landon did really well and was really quite excited to go today. On the papers you fill out before going back they ask a few questions about the child's favorite things such as sport, toy, person, fictional character. BOTH, Preston and Landon, on favorite person said "mom and dad". Wow! I hope it stays that way! ;o) Ok, back to Landon..... Ms. Laura said that boys can be a little slow on the losing of their teeth and Landon is. He's lost zip, nada, nothing, and he doesn't even have his 6 year molars in yet (he'll be 7 in September). We also found out that his teeth are more prone to "collect" tarter. :s He is also "officially" cavity free! Although Ms. Laura said she sees the beginning signs of cavities in between two of his back teeth. She said if we could just floss that would help keep them from becoming "official" cavities.



Now, we need to save up some more money so we can get the other half of the family in. I'm guessing it'll be a couple of months.



Here are some pictures of Landon since I did remember my camera.

The beginning.


X-rays
Ms. Laura cleaning his teeth.

No comments: