I'm going to have lots of catching up to do soon, not just sharing on my blog but reading the blogs I follow. I just wanted to get this down before I forgot.
This evening we were getting ready for supper. The kids all had their plates at the table but some were missing forks. I heard Tanner and Kaylie arguing, but I wasn't paying much attention because that's pretty much "white" noise to me. I then came in to give the kids their forks and this is what I hear,
"Him first!"
"Her first!"
"Him first!"
"Her first!" .....
I finally just put the forks on the table between them and left the room. When I came back in Kaylie was crying and saying, "I want to be first in heaven!"
I never imagined the day where my kids would fight to have the other one served first!
After the meal, the kids got to talking about boyfriends and girlfriends. It was really cute to hear but I'm not going to even try to share the whole conversation because it would be "you'd have had to been there" type of things. But one thing we learned from Landon as he shared with his brother was, "Your girlfriend is ______, because you fought with her!" Is that what it takes!?! :oD
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Thanks so much for having us Saturday evening, Julie, and I'm praying for your dad. I also remind my kids of the "last will be first" teaching from the Bible. The truth is so powerful!
Them's our kids hun! Them's our kids!
Post a Comment