Monday, June 14, 2010

Deeper Still


This weekend I got to go and enjoy a weekend of Deeper Still, with Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer (the daughter of Tony Evans), and Beth Moore.



I had invited the other girls in my life group to go and there was one other who was able to go, and that was Stephanie.



On my way to go pick up Stephanie, I was just a block from my house and I had to pull over and get pictures of the green in the clouds. Now anybody who grows up in Tornado Alley knows that "green" means hail. I realized that the clouds weren't looking too good so I turned on K-Love to see if there were any weather updates and there was the "beep beep beep" and it was letting us know that we were under a tornado warning.





I figured it was mainly east of where I was going to be traveling so I went ahead and started traveling towards Stephanie's house. Right when I pulled out on the main street it started raining huge drops and it started hailing. I continued on because it wasn't too bad, but then it started pouring and the hail was coming down as much as the rain. I got to the point where I couldn't even see so I pulled off of the road to wait. I was on the phone with Jeff at the time and I was having to scream for him to hear because the hail was so loud in the car.

I defrosted the windows and realized I could see much better and things seemed to be letting up a bit so I headed back out on the road. The streets were solid white from the hail and there was flooding at each intersection and along the curbs. I so wanted to get a picture but there was no way to do it without putting my camera in harms way. By the time I got on Stephanie's street the rain was lighter so I was able to get a picture of her flooded street.



After, some rush hour traffic, a wrong turn, and finding our way around the university's campus we finally made it to Magness Arena.

Friday evening Kay Arthur is who shared with us, and Travis Cottrell is who lead worship.

Saturday, I was on the road by 6:30 AM and we heard from Kelly Minter, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore.

It was a great weekend and I plan on sharing what I got out of each lady in separate posts.

Here are some pictures of our worship time.


If you look closely, you can see Beth M. looking out in entry way.

No comments: