Today was a really rough morning at church. I then need to remind myself...
I could be part of a church that is well established and families have several generations that attend there, and you have the same people all the time (lots of Pharisaical types)....
OR I can be part of a church that is reaching new people all the time and see different faces every week and they realize that this church IS different.
I could be part of a church where all the "Christians" know their "duties" and do their parts in the church....
OR I can be at a church where these unbelievers and babes in Christ are just learning what Christ has called them to do.
I could be part of a church where the Christians know their duty is to tithe and the church therefore is in "financial peace"...
OR I can be where there are so many who say, "Tithe? What's tithe?" and therefore finances are a little tight.
I could go to a church where things are very comfortable...
OR I can go where I am called.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
All I can say is you inspire me, friend. I love the way you see things.
Love you!
Hmmm....I may be one of the christians that knows and does their duty, pays their tithe, does the do's and tries to avoid the don'ts. But today I was also one of the whiney baby christians. Thankfully you've learned graciousness and can apply it to those of us who come to church with whiney syndrome. I hope your week goes better. Whatever else, we love you and Jeff.
It is wonderful to be in the place we are called, no matter how challenging it is! I love you Julie! - Jeff
Post a Comment