Starting the day... getting ready to head to church. Because of the special day I allowed Tanner and Landon to have their hair in faux-hawks. Preston is also wanting to let his hair get long so we are figuring out new ways to style it. (About two minutes after this picture Landon flattened his hair in a "fit".)
On the Menu:
Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce
Tossed Salad
Garlic Bread
Capri Suns
After feasting on his birthday meal...he got to open presents! (A downfall to a birthday so close after Christmas...that's right...all the gifts are wrapped in Christmas paper!)A skateboard!
Singing "Happy Birthday to Tanner!" We invited the neighbor girl, "red" Allie in to enjoy cake and ice cream with us. (Tanner wasn't too happy about that because he and Allie DO NOT get along...didn't think of that until it was too late.:s)
Making a wish!
Tanner wanted a football cake. I tried to think of different ways to decorate a football cake...make a football field..."draw" a football with frosting...go search for a football shaped pan, but no time or money...Aha! A pampered chef mixing bowl! I was able to you use the "bowl" to bake it in, then I cut it in half and put the pieces together. Added some extra cake to make the tips, cover with homemade chocolate frosting and add some white frosting. Not too bad for the first time, but if you looked at it from the top it was really misshapen! Oh well, I guess you can tell it's a football!
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TANNER!!
Julie,
He and Justis sound so much alike. Maybe we will have two Tim Tebows on our hands when they get older. With their altheticism and attention to detail, maybe quarterback is in their futures??
Love Ya!
Jae
Far more talent than I'll ever have! The cake (and the hair too) look great!
Post a Comment