Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The U.S.P.S


We are, once again, having a "wonderful" *hear the sarcasm* experience with the United States Postal Service. I went on the website where it's very convenient to have your mail held. It was suppose to be held from Tuesday Nov. 24 to Monday Nov. 30.


When we got home Monday evening and checked our mailbox there were some ads in there that were either delivered the 24th or the 25th. It was too late to do much that day so I thought I'd give the USPS a chance on Tuesday.


Tuesday came, and mailman came, and some mail came...but only that days worth. Where is my week's worth of mail? I called the 1-800 number and they were suppose to put in a request for it to be delivered. I also, with the help of my sister, found the phone number to our local post office, which they hide those numbers like they are some great treasure. The lady said she would get it out to us "today" which was the 1st. The same lady called later that evening to see if we had received it.


"No, we haven't."


"We have one more person out on your route and hopefully she has it. When I checked for your mail it wasn't here."


Last night at 10:30 I sent Jeff out in the freezing cold and snow to see if the mail had happened to come. NOPE!


This morning I put in another call and she was going to talk to her manager to try to figure out what's going on. He's suppose to call me today. Hopefully I'll get our week's worth of mail today.

This is not the first time we've had trouble with the USPS. Our first year here, 3 years ago, I sent out over a hundred Xmas letter/ address change info, then come to find out that there were several (that I know of) that didn't receive them. I could never figure out the rhyme and reasoning in that case. They were all mailed at the same time from our mailbox, but some that were going to the same small town, some people received it and some didn't. We've also had other similar things happen, where mail wasn't delivered when it was suppose to be.
I feel like saying "Bah Hum Bug" to them, but I'm trying to keep my "Merry Christmas" attitude.

1 comment:

Jae Davis said...

This sort of thing happened during one of our Hugoton moves. They often times save up forwarded or held mail in one of those "nifty" boxes you see in the back. I personally went to the post office about 3 times b/c we had some valuable mail ($$). The third time the same lady went and looked AGAIN in the same spot as before and noticed a pile of mail in the box next to it. They had put all my mail in the wrong box alphabetically. I was glad to get it, but what a struggle. Hope you got/get your mail soon! ;)