I didn't even know if the kids really wanted to do a show, but I was fine with just ordering some pizza and watching a movie. I had a few (mainly Tanner) who wanted to stick to tradition and share a talent.
Landon started with some dance moves.
Tanner, taking things very seriously, laid out all the different types of paper airplanes he made and flew each one for us.
Kaylie had to show us some cartwheels and other gymnastic moves.
Preston, with an attitude of "I don't want to do this, but I will because it's the only way to get candy." Showed us his Lego car that he showed the previous year.
The finale was Jeff and I performing a song that was written by me when we were newly married, and it was performed as a duet many a-nights.
As a newly married couple, there were little quirks to get use to. One was, Jeff sleeps with a blanket wrapped around his head. As he would climb in bed and get situated, it would never fail that he started pulling the covers off of me and then I would start getting a face full of his head blankie. I grew up on old musicals. Gene Kelly, Doris Day, Danny Kaye, Debbie Reynolds, Howard Keel...ahhh the good ones! Therefore, it only became natural for me to put my "feelings" in song. :o)
Sorry there was no video taken that I'm willing to post so I'll just share the words with you.
You're takin' my blanket,
You're throwin' your blanket,
In my face, in my face.
You're takin' my blanket,
You're throwin' your blanket,
In my face, in my face.
I don't like it,
so please stop it.
No I don't! No I don't.
I don't like it,
so please stop it.
No I don't! No I don't!
We then finished the evening off with watching Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

No comments:
Post a Comment