Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 3 - July 25


Our family picture for the day.

We decided to go for a hike on a nearby trail.





Jeff was a little surprised that I was going to join the family on this hike...
(shhh...I don't really enjoy hiking.)


We had to stop and take some pictures, at the trailhead, by the stream, before we began hiking.




We start out with lots of energy and excitement...





and Jeff's philosophy is, if the kids can take a lot of little breaks then they will go further...

...so we did...


...There were sit down and rest breaks...





...pose for a picture breaks...





...drink breaks....





...emulate the animal kingdom (Kaylie reminded me of a baby calf)....






..."takin' care of necessities" breaks...






...and of course
FOOD breaks!...


From my observation this is the #1 reason my kids hike!






There was exploring...






...and enjoying the scenery.





We didn't make it to the summit like Jeff wanted,
(which I believe would have been an all day adventure.)
But the kids and I were done!



Going down was much faster than the trip up,
and by late morning it was getting pretty warm.





WE DID IT!





No comments: