Here's our family picture for the day.
It was one of the prettiest drives we have been on
Jeff has a thing with wanting to get as high as he can on any mountain.
With a family, that limits us to mountains we can drive up.
So Jeff decided we would drive up Georgia Pass.
(I don't even know what mountain that is on.)
It was one of the prettiest drives we have been on
and we decided IF we would ever go camping,
this is where we would go.
This was on our way to Georgia Pass.
The camera can never capture the true beauty.
We then saw these draft horses and had to stop to get pictures.
The kids put some gravel in a water bottle to make a "shaker"
in hopes to trick the horses in thinking it was food,
so that they would come closer.
Next thing we know,
this majestic being comes running out of the trees,
followed by his "partner".
Jeff and Preston trying to tempt the horses to come over with "food".
(Landon has the "shaker".)
Remember that new thing I was doing with our family and the camera...
here it is again.
I got lots of picture of different wildflowers.
(but I won't bore you with all of them.)
Saw these little guys.
(In the 2nd pic, the chipmunk is on the wood chips.)
It was windy and cold,
and the kids had to get their energy out.
On our way down we stopped and explored this old cabin.
When I see old structures I wonder things like...
Who used to live here?
How old is this?
What were the people like?
What was their story?
My kids got to have some hands-on history!
From what we could tell, the pile of "junk" in the front,
was an addition made with lumber, not logs, that collapsed.
The wall from the outside and inside.
Do you notice the mud between the logs?
From inside the cabin.
What appears to be their "cooler/refrigerator" and the "trash" pile.
Then we all saw MOOSE for the first time.
Finally around 2:00, we stopped for lunch...
...next to this stream.
Jeff decided to let the kids build a small fire,
which they were proud,
We then saw more horses with babies.
We then headed back to the cabin and we all got to do something we never dreamed of doing.
I will share that next time.


No comments:
Post a Comment