The kids and I were riding our bikes along a bike path near our home.
We visited the "dirt hills" where the boys like to jump their bikes.
I'm riding around a curve and I see Kaylie, on her bike,
at the top of this steep, dirt path that has a mound of dirt right at the bottom
that allows the bikes to get just the right amount of air.
Kaylie goes flying down this hill, makes the jump, lands,
then her front wheel gets wobbly and she falls flat on her tummy.
I'm yelling "Wow!" and "Good job!" because
1) I was impressed that she did it and landed it, and
2) To help soften the blow of her wipe out, which ended up having no tears.
I go and park my bike, and Kaylie is still lying on the ground,
so I hike down the path to help her up.
As I'm walking down, Preston is saying,
"She almost fell in the creek."
As I got closer, and as what Preston was saying was registering in my head,
I began to realize the close call that she really had.
The front tire of Kaylie's bike was right on the edge
of an 8-10 foot, straight drop down into a creek,
with big rocks along some of the edge.
As I am picking Kaylie up, and wiping off the dirt,
I share, "God made you fall, so you wouldn't have a bigger fall and get hurt even more."
Later, while the kids were riding around
and Kaylie ditched her bike and was running on the hills,
I was really checking out the close call that she really had,
and thinking of the spiritual lesson that was learned there.
Sometimes, when we are running wild and out of control,
and heading for a huge disaster, that many times we don't even see coming,
God will make us fall.
It hurts. It's not fun.
But the alternative could have been so much more worse,
and even deadly.
We are safe.
Thank you Jesus, for watching over my little girl,
and for watching over me!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
I couldn't agree more! I love you so much Hun!
Post a Comment