Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 7 - July 29, Part 1


This was our last full day at the cabin and it just happened to be...

KAYLIE'S BIRTHDAY!





I had previously declared 2010, DQ Icecream Cake year.
Kaylie decided she doesn't really like icecream cake so
she wanted her moms "best cheesecake ever"!

She awoke, donned her dress and jewelry she received from her brother,
and we were ready to make the cheesecake.



(If you look close you will see my secret to the "best cheesecake ever!",
which I have to say, ALL my kids believe this.)

While preparing the cheesecake,
the boys were cleaning the bullet shells they collected.



I also let the kids pick their birthday meal...

Kaylie's choice...

Corn on the Cob!





Since we saved money on the cake,
my idea was to go out to eat where they had corn on the cob.

Trying to find a resteraunt, that Kaylie would enjoy,
ended up being a little stressful.

I then said, "Let's just go to the grocery store and buy corn on the cob."

So we headed to the nearest town with a grocery store.


Although Kaylie really only wanted Corn on the Cob,
and I was fine with only having that to eat,
Jeff was not.
So I also picked up some shrimp and rice.





I have to say it was a delicious meal,
and cheesecake!







Kaylie also got to open a couple of more gifts that we set aside for her actual birthday.

Landon gave her his favorite bullets he found.



1 comment:

Tirzah said...

She's such a lovely looking little girl! Her cheesecake looks yummy!