Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Downside of Colorado

Today is a day that I am experiencing the downside of living in the beautiful state of Colorado. The "Jones" side of my family is all gathered together in Kansas. They are there to celebrate my Uncle Jerry and Aunt Linda's 40th wedding anniversary. The three siblings are there, my dad, Uncle Jerry and Aunt Kathy along with their spouses and all of my sisters and cousins with their family's. I am the only missing cousin. :o( I normally would have made it there, but we have really tightened our budget because we are going through Financial Peace University, and it is the holiday's too. We have a trip planned back to Kansas for Thanksgiving and there is just no way we could make two trips so close together.

I soooo wish I could be there. It is very rare, now that all of us "kids" are grown, for us to semi be all together. I've assigned Matt, my bro-n-law, to take lots of pictures so hopefully I can share some with you soon. I am saddened. I miss my family, but I am glad that the rest of my family are able to enjoy each other. I did call and got to talk to and wish a Happy Anniversary to my Uncle Jerry and Aunt Linda and said "HI" to others over the phone, but it's just not the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can gurantee you that we all missed you too!

Jeanie said...

I grew up in a "ministry" family so we all took churches all over the place - far from each other. I would tell my own children, as they were growing up and maybe we having a hard time getting along (as young brothers and sisters will), "I grew up with your Uncle Joe and Aunt Tami and Uncle Tim and Uncle Danny. I played with them everyday. they were my best friends. And now we all live so far apart - how is it possible?"

I think it made an impact. It may not always be so, but wow, are we blessed that our children, now grown, are all nearby and love to hang out when possible. As close as we all live, tho, it is STILL hard to get everybody together at the same time. But a precious, and worthwhile effort!

Shelly said...

Oh girl, I so feel your pain!

Even though we are only four hours from home, we still can't make it back for everything. I get so jealous of my oldest brother and his family because they live just down the street from my parents and they are always doing stuff together. I long for the day that I can do that!

Hang in there-love you!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. My whole family's got a big Thanksgiving get-together planned in Kansas and I have to work on Black Friday, so I can't make it. Talk about bummed!