Thursday, November 20, 2008

Praisin' With My Kiddos

Today has been a fairly decent day for me and the kids. After getting the boys started on school, I went up to get around for the day because we had a field trip planned to Hammonds Candy Factory. (Yes...there are actually days that I don't get around ALL day long.) Kaylie follows me in my bathroom as I start getting my make-up on and doing my hair. Of course I have to turn on the radio, which today happened to be K-LOVE. I decided that there isn't much better then singing praises with my kiddos, which was my four year old this time.

We started with some Brandon Heath...

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your arms for the broken hearted
The ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten

Then we went to some Matt Redman...

Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

Then we sang some Mat Kearney...

Come on and we'll sing, like we were free
Push the pedal down watch the world around fly by us
Come on and we'll try, one last time
I'm off the floor one more time to find you
And here we go there's nothing left to choose
And here we go there's nothing left to lose

Then all the boys ended up in the bathroom then we all got to sing and dance to some Toby Mac...

I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul
Don't wanna walk away let me hear the people say
I don't want to gain the whole world and lose my soul
Don't wanna walk away let me hear the people say

My kids don't know all the Sunday school songs like, Jesus Loves the Little Children, This Little Light of Mine or even Jesus Loves Me, but they are learning some very foundational truths and I'm in awe at how their little minds can remember so many of these lyrics/prayers/praises. May these words be hidden in their hearts, so when they are in desperate need of them, the Spirit can bring them back to them.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Some of my favorite times are when Tanner and I are either singing and dancing together. Sometimes it's in the car, sometimes it's in the living room or in Tanner's room. No matter where we are or what we're singing though, it's always good times.

And I don't know about you, but if I'm in a funky mood or have had a bad day, if Tanner and I have a "dance party" I always come away a little less stressed and with a smile on my face. :)

So glad you had a good day!

Jeanie said...

Raising worshipers happens on purpose! Good job. He is worthy!

Anonymous said...

Those are all such awesome songs! Have you noticed how when you turn on God-glorifying music, the whole atmosphere in the house changes? When I nannied I refused to watch the baby without being able to turn on KLove or Way FM.