Jeff told me to call if I wanted because I've always been right in the past. So of course I had to dial our gas company and get them here on an "emergency" call. While waiting for the "gas man" to get here, I was doubting myself so I tried to smell again and I couldn't smell it, so then I was really doubting myself.
I know all the "rules" you are suppose to follow when you think there is a gas leak, but I knew if there was gas there wasn't much so I wasn't too concerned. I then thought that the "gas man" probably thought me crazy or stupid to say the least. When he showed up, he did not ring the doorbell, but knocked on the door! He was being very cautious not to make a "spark" to ignite the gas fumes. As I opened the door, I hurried off of the phone with a friend. I walked him through my living room with all of our Christmas lights on, to the room where I smelled the gas, which is right next to my dryer that is running. If you've never dealt with a natural gas leak, you might want to know that you aren't suppose to make phone calls, or at least hope your phone doesn't ring. You don't want to do anything that might cause a spark such as turn on lights (Christmas or regular ones) and I would say you probably don't want to run a dryer!
I was pretty proud of my sniffing abilities when his little sensor machine started beeping! He actually found two small leaks around our gas fireplace. He then offered to check anything else we wanted while he was here, and he ended up finding a small leak by our furnace. He just tightened up the fittings and all was better!
When I started 'blogging' I really wasn't planning on sharing that story but now you can see where my mind went with me being really tired and having a headache. I hope it made sense to you! Tomorrow is going to be a full day of packing and getting everything ready for our trip. I'm hoping that I'll get some blogging done on the road, if not, there will be a lot to read when I get back!
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
Good sniffer, there Julie! :)
Have a safe and fun Thanksgiving! Enjoy your time with the fam and please tell Jeff to "Drive safe!"
Blessings, sister!
I agree with Shelly, Good Job!
I am so glad you are headed my way it has been too long without getting to see my kiddos!
Yes Julie do tell Jeff to drive safe! And remember there are going to be angels surrounding and protecting your van!
Post a Comment