THIS.....
...is what we found in our basement on Saturday.
We have found a couple of these dead in our window wells. Jeff was always calling it a "gecko" and the boys were referring to them as lizards. Once I finally saw it, and realized in got in my house and it was alive, I decided to do some further investigation. I found out this is a "Tiger Salamander". I was pretty unsettled thinking about something that size getting into my house...that means snakes can come in too!
Jeff thinks he found the crack that it got in through. Hopefully he is right and he got it taken care of. Of course the boys were wanting to keep it as a pet...that was a BIG NEGATIVE! We now have a great introduction into studying the differences between reptiles and amphibians!
I do have to say, that we have NEVER had so much hands on experience with "wildlife", until we moved into this house! There are more experiences to read about here and here.
2 comments:
Yikeronis! That is hilarious!
A tip from Madalynn. If you choose to keep the salamander, do not allow it to live near water. It will drown. There is a skink (lizard, salamander, whatever) buried in a little check box in my front garden now. She found out the hard way skinks can't live with the pet turtle and they apparently don't swim!
Love Ya!
Jae
Post a Comment