Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Days Following Christmas

As I mentioned in the previous post, my older sis, Theresa and her family came for a couple of nights while the rest of my family was here. We exchanged gifts with them and then the family enjoyed their family's new present from Christmas day...the Wii. The kids had a great time together, the gerbils enjoyed the "home" Preston made for them from two boxes, toilet paper rolls and a bunch of other cardboard boxes (ie mac-n-cheese etc). I am sickened that I didn't get a picture of his creation.

In these days following Christmas we also got the great privilege of seeing my cousin Deborah, who lives in the San Fran area, her husband Chris and his parents for a short time. (Jeff and I had a shorter time then the rest because we had a wedding to go to.) Chris's parents moved out to this area from California in these past couple of years, so Chris and Deborah came here for Christmas. It was great seeing them and seeing Deborah's "baby bump"!


Deborah and her "baby bump", along with Chris and his parents (sorry Chris that I got you in the middle of a bite!)

Chris and Deborah...this is what we normally see...SMILES!

Brooke and Megan opening some of the gifts we gave them.

Theresa loving the ornaments the kids made for her!

Kaylie helping Grandpa put the domino's away after playing "Mexican Train".

Matt and Jeff figuring out the Wii.

I did not have my camera out like I normally do so I had a much smaller selection of pictures to choose from. Sorry to all my family members who may not enjoy the pictures of themselves!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

Yay! Sounds (and looks) like you had a GREAT Christmas with the family. How neat! And what a HUGE blessing! That's really cool that everyone came to you! I can't imagine my family EVER doing that!
:)

Jae Davis said...

Julie,

This sounds cliche, but it is a WONDERFUL BLESSING to have family to share special times with. I liked your pics, because they weren't staged and I felt like I was sitting in the same room with the festivities. We miss you guys! :( I ran across your past Christmas family pics last night as I was going through them and smiled.

Happy New Year!!!!
Jae