Today I have been trying to get my house back in order. It seems like a never ending job! I still have Christmas boxes out from when we decorated. Clean clothes folded but not put away from before we left for Kansas. School things in the living room and on our table, because I haven't finished the school room. All that "stuff" is cluttering our living area and it feels like it is closing in on me.
I've always heard that if you homeschool don't expect your house to be clean. I always assumed it was because your kids are home all day. Which I do believe that is a huge part of it, but I'm also finding out that even though I may have some time in the afternoon or evening, I am wiped out! It seems like all that I'm putting into my kids, teaching them but even more of dealing with their attitudes, zaps all of my energy. I guess at this point in my life I have to come to the decision of... Am I going to pour my energy into my children, to teach them, train/discipline them, to invest in their future especially eternally, or Am I going to spend my energy making sure everything is put away and in it's correct spot so I can have a clean house so we can invite anyone in, at anytime? I do realize there is probably a better balance then I am achieving, but right now I have to choose my children over a clean home.
I now want to spin this with me being a child of God. I know my attitude is bad a lot of times, there are many times I don't want to do what I need to do. I need lots of teaching, training and discipline. But THANK GOD my Daddy is not human! His energy does not get zapped by me. He never loses patience with me. He is always faithful and always loving. Now I need to draw off of His unending power/energy so I have more to give to my own family.
I think I am done with that set of ramblings...I now just want to throw out a prayer request...My sister Tammy is in an "uncertain" time right now with her living situation, pray for God's provision and guidance. Thanks!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
3 comments:
Just what I needed to hear today.
Thank you!
Love you-and praying for Tammy.
I am singing Rita Springer for you right now "It's gonna be worth it."
I love you Julie! -Jeff
Post a Comment