Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's Christmas Eve!

My parents and younger sister Tammy are here. They made it in this afternoon. We enjoyed some Taco soup and then we made cookies! I decided since I was doing the "big" meal this year we were going to do it easy. Instead of pies...we are doing cookies. (I made sure all was OK with it first.) So tonight we made some Toll house chocolate chip cookies and some Eskimo cookies. Eskimo cookies are some favorites of my family...they are no-bake. I had some great helping hands, Landon and Kaylie. They did a great job rolling the cookies into balls and rolling them into powdered sugar. (I'm really upset that I didn't get any pictures :( )

I am so ready for bed, but it's only 7:30 and since it's Christmas eve there is still much to do tonight! Wishing you all a good nights sleep!!! and a Merry Christmas!!!!


Eskimo Cookies
1 1/2 sticks of softened butter
2 c. quick oats
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1Tbs water
3 Tbs cocoa
1/2 tsp. vanilla
powdered sugar

Cream butter and sugar. Mix in cocoa, water, and vanilla. Mix in oats. Shape into balls and roll in powdered sugar. Keep refrigerated.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

Merry Christmas to the whole fam!

Anonymous said...

Jewel Julie..I'm so Happy You're whole family could be in Colo. this year! Merry CHRISTMAS, GOD BLESS YOU ALL Continually..Jeff's
Mother, Cecelia