Saturday, September 26, 2009

Aug. 13 - Our Last Day of Relaxation

This day was the last full day we had at the cabin. I didn't really want to go anywhere and I just wanted to relax and read around the cabin. The kids played.

Oops, we'd forgotten the rule about no cars on the wood floors but we soon remembered and they moved to the carpet.

We then went down to Meridian Trail where the stream is so the kids could play, Jeff could "pan for gold", and I brought a book but all I really did was take pictures.
They found a minnow.








When Kaylie's feet got too cold from the water, she would run on the trail and throw dirt on them to warm them up.


Panning for gold.

Even though Kaylie preferred to play in the mud when we "panned for gold" at the Argo Mill, she really had the technique down and you can hear counting (1-2-3).


Before we headed back to the cabin for lunch, Jeff just wanted to hike the trail just a little bit.


The Wild Ride Home

It was a very bumpy path and Jeff was trying to see how far we could make it by just idling. He only had to hit the gas twice, but it was a great "game" for the kids.

When we got home we had some lunch and played some games.


I challenged Jeff to some Aggravation, and I beat him 3 out of 4. I then had to throw in the "I Am the Champion" song.


Jeff then thought he'd be clever, for the kids' sake and said, "I married a champion!"


Landon very quickly and innocently said, "That means mom married a loser." HaHa!!


This is Kaylie playing "Domino's"...as in Domino's Pizza.
(Note the blue dice on the "delivery"car.)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I absolutely LOVE how Kaylie fits right in with the boys. She's not afraid to get down and dirty and she just gets in there and joins in. Too cute!