Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas List

It's that time of year that family is asking what the kids want, so it is Christmas list time.

A couple of nights ago, Aunt Tammy called and was asking if the kids were going to get her their list. The two oldest boys had made their list already but Landon and Kaylie still need some help with writing all they want.

I've heard a few things from Kaylie on what she wants but Landon I haven't heard a lot from. When Jeff and I have been talking about what big gift to get them I am stumped with Landon and Kaylie. I keep throwing questions and suggestions to Landon but he really doesn't throw much out there to bite on.

Landon is just that way. He doesn't really care if he has "stuff" or not, and when he gets something, once the newness wears off he'll let anyone have it. He just doesn't care.

Back to talking to Tammy... I thought it might just be best to let her ask Landon herself and then maybe I'd get some ideas.

Aunt Tammy asks Landon what he wants for Christmas. Now on my end I can see the wheels turning in Landon's head.

Landon finally says, "My very own pack of gum!"

After some more prodding he also shared that he wants some people, like army men. That's not much of a list to go off of.

I then got back on the phone and said, "If all my kids would be like him, I could do Christmas for $10.00."

The rest of the kids then had to share what they wanted for Christmas with Aunt Tammy. After about 15 minutes I got back on the phone with Tammy. We had to bring back up Landon really only wanting a pack of gum and laugh about it. As we were about to wrap up our conversation Landon pops in the kitchen and says,

"Oh yeah! Tell her to buy me an ipod!"

Laugh, laugh, laugh we did! To go from wanting his own pack of gum, a Christmas under $10.00, to I want an ipod. (Which he totally gets from Madagascar 2.)

He's a funny boy! and my Christmas will no longer be under $10.00.

No comments: