I LoVe Homeschooling because...
- It's what God has called us to do.
- I get to spend lots of time with my kids.
- I get to see the "ah-ha" moments when they get things.
- I can sleep until 7:30 or later if I'm tired.
- We can stay in our jammies all day if we want.
- I get to cuddle and kiss my kids as they work.
- I know that they are learning the truth.
- I have the most influence on my kids, not a teacher, babysitter or friends, because most of their time is spent with me.
- My kids are friends. (Most of the time.)
- We are usually done by lunch.
- We still get "nap" times!
- We can do "school" at a park, museum, zoo, or anywhere else we want to.
- We can go on "vacation" anytime we want and stay as long as we want.
- It's very flexible all around.
- I love my kids more than any instructor/teacher ever could.
- Their education can be "custom fit" to their needs, not to what the government says is "standard".
- I get to closely watch what kind of "thoughts" via music, TV, 'playground' talk is inputted into their minds.
- The closeness it brings to our family.
- Their character and who they are becoming in Christ is more important then their academics.
- We can sit and eat three meals together as a family. (Although at breakfast, I'm usually missing.)
- The kids get daily devotions with their daddy at breakfast.
- We're investing in the most important relationships on this earth.
- I taught them to read.
- They are learning to be "social" with all age groups, not just their peers.
- I get to experience hugs and "I love you" 's throughout the whole day.
- There's no evening "homework".
- I am becoming more dependent on Christ.
- I am learning more about the grace of God and how it's our only hope.
I'm sure there are many reasons that I'm missing but that's a good start.
2 comments:
Julie! I loved this post! SO true ... all of them. Good one!
Great post. Tweeted. Thank you!
Post a Comment