It is my second day and I'm trying to get all my personal info up. I figured I might explain how I came up with my blog name.
"Surrendered and Surrounded"...when trying to think of what to name my blog, it felt like all the good ones were taken. I tried out a couple of different ones and they were already used. So I just said, "God what should I name it?" I was hoping that a verse would pop into my head, something that might have to do with traveling, ie journey, adventure, walk, etc.
The word 'surround' came to me. I use that word often with my kids. I tell them that angels are surrounding them. We, especially me, pray anytime we are out on the rode that angels surround us. I ask that angels surround my husband when I hear sirens go by my house. When I wake up in the middle of the night, for whatever reason. I pray that our home is surrounded my His angels and His protective hedge. When we are trying to work something out with any type of business, we pray that God go before us and that His favor surround us.
Then the word 'surrendered' came to me. I have surrendered my life to the One and Only God, to the great I AM. I surrendered, or confessed and believed in Jesus, when I was a child, but there are times that my flesh fights against that choice that I made. Daily, I try to surrender fully to what the Holy Spirit wants to teach me and to where He wants to lead me.
So...everyday on my journey in life, my great adventure, my walk...I have to surrender myself and lay down all my selfish ambitions and selfish wants at the feet of my Savior, Jesus Christ. Everyday, I am surrounded by His blessings, His favor, His angels, His righteousness. He is my refuge, my strong tower. His protective hedge is around me and my family.
That is how I came to name my blog. I hope as I live my life and I write about it you will be able to see the "surrendered" and the "surrounded" part of my life.
May His blessings surround you!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment