Yesterday we were on the rode a little after 7 am on our way down to Colorado Springs. My sister Theresa and her family, who live in the Oklahoma City area, were there for "work". With them that close we had to go spend some time with them. We both are on a limited budget so we were looking for free or cheap. There's not much out there anymore in either of those categories! We found some castle that we were both interested in and fairly cheap, but they were closed on Mondays :(





So it was off to Garden of the Gods, which I have to say, I was not that thrilled about going there because rocks don't thrill me like they do some (like Jeff). I also have to say, it was more interesting then I thought it would be. They actually had a "rescue team" up there practicing, I would have enjoyed just sitting and watching them but my kids wouldn't have stayed entertained with that. We went on a tour, and I think having some history helped with making it more interesting. Other then the few contradictory comments with the whole evolution / creation thing, it was good. I did find this interesting and had never heard this one before, "We are on our third set of Rockies." FYI, I don't believe it, but still interesting to hear!
We then went to Focus on the Family. Theresa and I wanted to get a tour of the administration building, so Jeff was willing to watch the 6 kids at Whit's End while we went on the tour. When we got there they informed us that they were going to be doing a live taping if we wanted to sit and watch. We both decided to do that instead. We didn't get to see James Dobson but we got to put a face to the voice of Bill Meyers. I don't get to listen to their program on the radio like I used to, but when we lived in Hugoton I listened to it almost daily. The topic was on bullying, and I found it very interesting. They say it will air in 2 - 3 months.
After our day of "sight-seeing", we went to Sunnyside Christian Church and got to see the dinosaur fossils. We've seen them before, but it has been a while, and the boys loved it! Jeff wanted to stay and listen to Dr. Sharp share, so we did. We got home a little before 10 pm, very exhausted but it was a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment