Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Baby's Four!



Today my baby, my only daughter turned four years old. I can't believe how fast time has flown and how much we, as a family, have gone through in these past four years. Right after Kaylie was born was when Preston started kindergarten and that was the beginning of us being a home school family. When she was a couple months old was when I began all the issues with my post partum thyroiditis.




When she was a 1 1/2 years Jeff resigned from our last church. We then moved a total of three times in 7 months. One of those moves was to Wichita where we lived for 6 months. When we lived in Wichita we got to live close to her Aunt Tammy and then the kids adopted a new aunt, their "aunt" Kathy.




We then moved to Colorado and a new page was turned in our lives. We made many new friends, we serve in a great church, and we just recently moved again into our own home!




What can I say about Kaylie....she is precious, she is definitely a "princess" in our family, even though she is a very tough princess. She loves her brothers and she loves her friends. Kaylie is pretty aggressive in a lot of areas. That has made my job a little difficult in the fact that if she's mad she will hurt whoever made her mad. The positive side to her personality is she is a lot less likely to be "victimized" in life. She is like her mommy in many ways. She does not like to be told what to do! When dealing with her she needs to be given a choice, for example, you can say your sorry now, or you can go to your bed and say your sorry later. Many times she will choose to go to her bed and when she decides she is ready to say she is sorry she will do it very willingly and lovingly. If she is just told to say she is sorry, she refuses and then there is a big scene made because of her disobedience and if a "sorry" comes out it is not done nicely.




Our family is very blessed to have a Kaylie as a part of it. I feel bad that she doesn't get to have a little baby brother or sister to help take care of. I feel bad that she doesn't get the security and joy of sharing a room with a sister (which I'm sure she'll appreciate when she is older!) What she does have is three older brothers to dote on her and help keep her safe. She has three great playmates, who sometimes teach her bad habits. She gets one on one "girl" time with her mommy, and she has a daddy that loves her very much.




For her birthday we celebrated a day early because her Aunt Theresa, Uncle Matt, and her cousins Brooke and Megan were in town to celebrate with. We got to go to Chuck E. Cheese. We didn't really do a theme but if there was a theme it was kind of a hawaiian. I decorated the cupcakes to look like flowers, she got a special lei and then she got to put lei's on the other kids. I think all the kids had a blast and the guys had just as much fun if not more! Here are some pictures from her day.




3 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Kaylie! What a beautiful little girl you are!

The older we get the more time flies, doesn't it?! There are some days when I look at Tanner and think "Where did the time go?" and then there are some days where I think "Holy cow, I wish she'd hurry up and grow out of this stage!" :)

Life is always an adventure when there's a little (or big) princess in the house!

Glad you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I am so glad you started this blog! I sure miss your family! The picture of Jeff and Matt made me wish we could all hang out like we did in college!! :)
I am praying His blessings on Kaylie, your boys, you and Jeff; your entire family. :)
Love you guys!!
~Missie

Anonymous said...

We have been so blessed with Kaylie, haven't we? Life would not be the same without her (or the boys) or you!

I love you Julie!
Your Husband Forever,
-Jeff