After church that Sunday, we met and ate lunch with some great friends, Jason and Jennifer, from college. It was just a fast lunch, but it was great talking to them and it's amazing how much fun the kids can have in a booth at Applebees. We try to see each other at least once a year and we haven't seen them since we've moved to Colorado. They were going to come out in December, but because of bad weather they were unable to come.
We then headed to my parents house where we were going to spend a couple of days. On the way there we passed Matt, Theresa, and girls, so we pulled over gave quick hugs and did a Chinese fire drill! My younger sister, Tammy and her roommate Kathy were waiting for us, and they even took Monday off so they could spend some time with us.
My kids love their Aunt Tammy and their "Aunt Kaffy", but I do have to say they ask about their dogs more and they do show a lot of excitement about seeing the dogs!
Sunday evening we went to the nearest town with some
form of entertainment, Ellsworth, and we went bowling, and best of all, ate Gambino's! In my opinion, Gambino's has the BEST pizza ever! That is one thing that Kansas has that Colorado doesn't.
It seems like we have to visit the ER at lot when we are out of town. Now we have never lived in this area of Kansas, but 3 out of 6 of us have been to the ER in Hoisington. Let me say, that Jeff does not have a high tolerance of pain, and he was looking pretty pail when the needle came out!
On Tuesday morning, before we headed back on the road, my kids once again got to light smoke bombs and throw some snappers that grandma got for them. It was a short time with my family, but we had fun.
4 comments:
I just have to say - I freaking love that while your hubby lay pale in an ER bed, you quickly snapped a photo of it. :) For some reason, that really amuses me!
Does Jeff know you posted that? It is cracking me up! You are so cute. And the kids are adorable!
My daughter just got back from vacation and one small emergency and asked me, "Will we have to hit a hospital everytime we leave town?" Two years in a row! Ha!
To Jeff (Julie, make sure he sees this) :),
Travis had a tetanus shot "episode," as well. Matt was graciously watching the kids in the ER waiting room in Hugoton while I sat bedside with Travis and his crushed pinky finger. The woman doctor whom tried to help him first (but couldn't get the bleeding to stop), asked about the last time Travis had a tetanus shot. He said he was overdue. "We might as well do it now," she said.
Travis looked panicky and said, "I don't know."
"What!?" I said. I think I forgot my compassion and bedside manner for a moment. "Your pinky finger is crushed and won't stop bleeding and you're scared of a tetanus shot?!"
"He needs one. Give him one." I said to the doctor. As if I had the final say, she went to prepare the shot!
I reassured Travis he wouldn't even feel the shot because his crushed pinky was sending so many signals to his brain, his brain didn't have room for any more pain signals.
The doc. brought the shot in and he still looked panicky. His blood pressure (was being continually monitored) went through the roof when she came in with the needle. Somehow he made it through.
Dr. Hager came in and pulled skin back over the bone and stitched it so he would have a pinky finger that resembled a finger one day. Travis didn't flinch through all of that, but that needle freaked him out!
It appears everyone gets a laugh at my expense. What can I say, I have a great sense of humor!
-Jeff
Post a Comment