Friday, July 25, 2008

The Good, the Bad, the Ugly

It's been several days since I've blogged so I feel I should write about something. This morning, the boys and I went birthday shopping for Kaylie. It could have been a fun time but it seems they easily forget why we are shopping. It was quickly forgotten that it was about Kaylie and it became, "I want this... I need that..." As a mom, that can zap the fun out of anything.

After the boys and I got home, I decided that Kaylie and I needed some girl time. So we went and got an ice cream cone. It is amazing how peaceful it is when there is only one kid! When we got home Kaylie was quick to ask if we could make tonight girls night too! :)


Part of my struggle with what to blog about is I am going through a gamut of emotions. I guess part of my life, which is what this blog is about, has the good, the bad and the ugly. We have just gone through a "Judas" moment. If you are in ministry you definitely know what a "Judas" moment is. We all have experienced them at some point in our lives. When someone turns on you, and it sometimes feels like a stab in the back. Someone you trusted and then you realized you shouldn't have. Betrayal.

The emotions you go through are any where from anger to hurt. But we always have to go back to that God is in control and He will work all things for the good of those who love Him. We have to release it and forgive (although can we kick them in the shins first?! ;o) We can't let bitterness enter into our lives, that will only make us and those closest to us miserable. So, "in the sight of Christ" (2 Cor. 2:10) I forgive our "Judas".

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my family had a big time Judas moment when we were in ministry, and I've had a few minor ones too. I wouldn't even be surprised if I've been a Judas now and then.

I'm so glad you're working on forgiveness instead of harboring anger. May God honor that in you.

JulieAnn said...

Anna Grace, thanks for your comments it's always nice to know what others are thinking.

Shelly said...

I think it's so awesome, Julie, that your working on the forgiveness end of things. That's so hard for me and something I struggle with a lot. Sounds to me like are really working through things.

I'm sorry that you've had to go through this trial. Thank you though for being so transparent in your blog.

Prayin' for ya, sister!

Anonymous said...

I know it never helps in the moment and I above all people hate when people try to talk you out of your pain with "scripture pills." Yuk!

But I'll put this here now and later, when the clouds break a bit and you can see from further away, you will know it was true for you:

If God is for me, who can be against me?
The favor of God surrounds the Aenk family like a shield.
The Lord blesses you and keeps you and makes His face to shine upon you.
God bless you and your husband and your children and God bless your household!
The thoughts of God are so many FOR you - if you were to even try to number them you could not, for they'd be more numerous than the sand...
God will never leave you, nor forake you.
If it had not been for the Lord on my side..
I would have despaired unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Goodness and mercy will follow your family all the days of your life and you will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
I will lift my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord.
He will not let your foot slip and He will not slumber
Psalm 41: My close friend let me down, but You, O Lord, I know that You are pleased with me...

Think I've been where you are? Ha! I am praying. Loss is hard.

Anonymous said...

I love you Julie forever! I'm so blessed to be married to you!

Your Husband, -Jeff