Today has not started out to be the best day. When you can't get to sleep until 4:45ish am because of the caffeine in one glass of iced tea at supper and it didn't help that for some reason my whole body ached. My joints, my muscles, and it even felt like my bones ached. (I'm wondering if it's not the "bug" I've talked about previously.) I finally decided that the Tylenol I took a couple of hours earlier wasn't going to help anymore, I got up at 4:15 and popped 4 Ibuprofen. The caffeine must have gotten out of my system enough, and the ibuprofen took the pain away enough, I was finally able to go to sleep.
I was then awaken at 7:00 with one of my sons running up the stairs screaming/crying. I guess the boys got in a little throwing match in the basement and one got hurt. So now I'm trying to find out the whole story and discipline kids on roughly 2 hours of sleep. I then tried to go back to sleep and I probably dozed off and on for about an hour until I heard more yelling.
I was then informed that the son who hit his brother earlier with a flying toy, had been told to sit in a chair (for a totally different reason then the toy incident) and to move over the camera and camcorder so he could sit there. In his anger he dropped/threw them on the floor and ended up breaking the LED screen in the camera. So then we've been trying to decide what the proper discipline/punishment should be.
Needless to say.... I am ready for a nap!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
Bless your heart!! I totally can understand how you feel! I've had nights like that myself, where I can't sleep and just ache, ache, ache. Does Tylenol PM do anything for you?
If I were closer to you, I'd come take the kiddos with me for awhile so that you coul get some rest!
Hope you have a better day!!
Thanks Shelly! I did get a nap and so my day did get better. Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
Post a Comment