Monday, August 25, 2008

Ding-Dong Ditching

I am pretty frustrated right now. A couple of the neighborhood girls came over to see if my kids could come out and play. Well I don't like my two youngest being outside without the older boys out there too. Well Preston, my oldest, is sick right now so I asked Tanner to go out and keep an eye on them.

The next thing I know Preston informed me that the kids were ringing doorbells and running. Guess who was leading the pack...yep...Tanner the one I sent out there to watch over them.

Tanner is now writing a letter to the three neighbors that they did this too. When I was asking Tanner what he wanted to say in the letter, he said, "Sorry for ding-dong ditching." I had to ask several times for him to repeat himself, I guess I'm old and not quite up on the new lingo. :o) When Tanner gets finished writing his apology letters, himself, Landon and Kaylie will have to deliver these letters to each neighbor and apologize verbally. They have also lost the cul-de-sac for a time.

Too bad Jeff isn't home helping me deal with this, he had to go, while I stayed home because of sickness, to our study on Growing Kids God's Way. ;D

1 comment:

Jae Davis said...

He!He! SO something my husband and little Justis would be caught doing! :)

You go, Julie, for demanding the proper apologies. They'll think again before "ding-dong ditching." ;)

Jae