Today, my baby boy turned six! How can it be that they are growing so fast.?.
I was actually due September 5, 2002. I was praying that I wouldn't go early because I wanted that sapphire birth stone (sorry to all who have August birthday's.) I really don't know why I thought I might go early because my sister went almost two weeks late with her two girls and I definitely wasn't early with my two older boys.
Once my due date hit, my OB kept telling me that we could make it happen any time. After having experienced induction with Tanner I did NOT want to be induced again. So I waited and waited. I finally made it to the that two week overdue mark and I had no choice. So my parents were able to come up and be there with the boys, and Jeff and I headed to the hospital in Liberal KS, a 30 mile drive. We got there a little before 9 am, got checked in, and then the Dr. came in at 9:30 broke my water and started the Pitocin. I believe it was a little after 11:00 that I was dilated enough to get an epidural. The anaesthesiologist didn't get in there until after noon. Once I finally got my epidural I found out that it only worked on my right side! So my right side was totally numb while I had intense pain on my left side. It was then just a few minutes after 1:00 pm that Landon Cade was born, weighing in at 8lb 13oz. My biggest baby!
From the beginning Landon preferred his mommy over anyone else. He was definitely the clingiest of all my children. I have always called him our "lover". He is the one who always wanted to cuddle and to have his hugs and kisses. He is also the "sensitive" (which equals many times whining and crying) one in our family.
Tomorrow is when we are actually going to have his birthday party. His Aunt Theresa and his cousins, Brooke and Megan, are going to be here to help celebrate!
We sure do love him, and we are so glad that God blessed us with giving him to be a part of our family!
So here's a Happy Birthday to our SIX year old!
Is this Joe Dirt....or Landon?
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Landon! I hope you had a great day!
Julie,
Justis and Landon would have a blast together! Too bad we don't live closer...all of our kids would have a blast together!
Tell Mr. Landon happy birthday from us all!
Love,
Jae
Man I sure do love our little Landon! His Daddy - Jeff
Post a Comment