It has been a while since I posted. Can't believe how busy it seems to have been this past week. I haven't even been able to keep up on the blogs I follow, I will need to find some time soon or it will take me hours to catch up!
I think things have been crazy because we are still trying to get into a routine for school. Three different grades takes some getting use to. I'm also really struggling trying to find out what will click with Preston in Language Arts. He has always had some difficulty, 1. He has vision issues (convergence and tracking), basically his eyes don't work together. This makes it very difficult for reading and focusing on things. 2. I believe he is more of a right brain learner. That takes a lot more creativity for things to stick in his brain for long-term memory. I am not creative and I am a left brain learner. Do you see the problem? 3. He has ADHD tendencies. If something doesn't interest him, nothing can get him to focus. He seems to be able to find a distraction in ANYTHING! 4. He hates writing and he is an awful speller, although he spells phonetically very well! I'm not sure if there is a reason behind these issues or not, but it makes it difficult on me as a "teacher".
Now that I am busy all day on Fridays, it doesn't seem like I get the "time off" I use to. Friday's were always my day off, because it was Jeff's day off and he would take over school for the day. I am getting away and getting a lot out of the Bible study, it is just very wearing when you're gone all day. It also hasn't helped that for the past three weeks I have had to take some one to the dr. in the afternoon, either myself or a child.
The past couple of weeks I have been trying to ice my shin twice a day and keep on a medicine routine. When I started aerobics over a year and half ago, sometime in the process I got shin splints. For the most part they seem to be better but certain "moves" and "jumps" still shoot pain up my shin. Sometime within this past year I noticed a knot on my shin, unnoticeable to others unless I point it out. I finally went to the dr. and she wanted to see if the ice and ibuprofen would take down the knot. It didn't :( So yesterday she told be she can either refer me to a surgeon or to a radiologist, which basically means I need either a CAT scan or an MRI on my leg. I believe she just wants to make sure it's nothing serious. She mentioned something like soft tissue cancer or a bone growth. That FREAKED me out! So now I have to make it through the weekend and into next week before anything gets set up and I know anything. I usually do not handle "health" issues very well, my mind goes wild. So now I am trying to go back and stand on God's truth's. I could sure use some extra prayers!
I guess that's a quick update on what is going on in my life.
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
4 comments:
Nice to see your site and your family doing well. My sister passed on the link.
Jim Sutton
I am keeping a blog for reunion pictures and now it is getting to be other items also.
http://reunion2.blogspot.com/
there is a link to the older one that for some reason I could not edit, but it has many pictures from the reunions you missed.
Oh, Julie-we're praying. Please keep us informed.
Thanks for the prayers. Right now all I know is that I'll have an MRI, don't know when yet.
Post a Comment