The kids at the "pizza farm".
Some of the homeschool group.
Our pizza lunch was frozen Tostino pizza's, one slice each, and a box of Hi-C orange to drink. It really was quite humorous once we all got over the shock. The only redeeming factor in that $5 lunch was that the proceeds were going to help the Denver Rescue Mission. The leader of the group did apologize to me about the whole thing and she said that she got her info off of their website and they were definitely misleading.
The pizza lunch.
The Wagon Ride
The Hay Maze
After the pizza farm, we had to stop by a Burger King and get us a snack! The "pizza farm" is so close to the Wyoming border, we then decided we would hit two states in one day! We figured the kids would have fun saying that they went to Wyoming that day. On the 20 mile drive from Wellington to the border, we saw scores of antelope. I have never seen antelope in the wild, Theresa informed me that it is because I've never looked for them. (Which I do have to say I am usually reading or sleeping when I am traveling.)
After we stopped and got some pictures of the antelope, I was trying to keep my two youngest awake so we could get a picture at the Welcome to Wyoming sign. My plan was to have them look for more antelope and count them. Landon started really looking and he excitedly yelled, "Look! There are... what are they called?" I looked over, chuckled, and said, "Cows honey, those are called cows." He said, "Oh, I thought they were black deer." :-D I think he meant antelope.
Some of the antelope we saw.
2 comments:
I love your familie's adventures!
I'm with you-the "Pizza Farm" sounds disappointing. And I want to thank you for being honest about one of your kiddos having a meltdown. When Tanner was in the third grade she had a meltdown on a field trip to the zoo. I was mortified and we left-I'm so thankful that mine isn't the only one out there! :)
Love you girl!
Shelly, I have seriously thought of blogging about my children's fits, one child in particular does it more often. Now that I have my camera with me often, I am getting quite the collection of the crying faces and of them laying on the ground crying. ;o) I figure these pictures will come in handy sometime in the future!
Post a Comment