Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Prayers for a Fellow Blogger

I normally get my news from msn.com, so when I was checking the headlines I came across this story on a blogger named Stephanie Nielson. Nie (how she signs in her blog) and her husband were in an airplane crash, along with one other man. The other man died, but she and her husband survived. They were both in critical condition, his body is burnt around 35%. Her body is burnt over 80% and the doctors gave her a 60 - 70% chance of survival.



I went and checked out her blog and I am in awe of this lady. I haven't read her whole blog but I went back to Jan. of '08. She has four young children, and if I read correctly I believe she may have been pregnant when the plane crash happened. (I went back and read and she was NOT pregnant.) This mom was so creative with her children and with her blog. She grabbed ahold of life and she appeared to live it to it's fullest.



My heart has gone out to her, her husband, her children and her family. I have found myself praying for them all evening. I pray that God's healing hand touch her and her husband. That He surrounds her children and her family. I pray that they truly come to know the saving grace of Jesus Christ. (She is mormon.) I also realize that if or when she survives and comes out of this drug induced coma her world will never be the same, she will have a long road to recovery. She will never look the same, but I hope and pray that she will live life the same, if not better, and grab ahold and live it to the fullest

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Wow.

I'm praying with you, girlfriend.