The Chapman FamilyMany of you would have already heard about Steven Curtis Chapman and family losing their youngest daughter back in May. At that point my heart and prayers went out to them and I've continued to pray for them off and on.
I am now listening to a broadcast with SCC on Focus on the Family with James Dobson. SCC is sharing about what happened that day and it just makes me cry. I think about how quick something can happen. Little Maria Sue was running to the car, while her brother Will was driving in, to see if he would help her on the monkey bars. He didn't see her. How often do my kids run up to moving vehicles out of excitement because daddy is home? They are always told not to do that and how dangerous it is, but it only takes that one time.
My heart just breaks for them and their family, I continue to pray for them. I truly don't know how I would handle losing one of my own children. My heart also goes out to Will, who accidentally hit his sister. The guilt that Satan could through on this young man's shoulders. May God protect his heart and mind.

Maria Sue Chapman
1 comment:
I too have been praying for the Chapman's. I listened to the Focus Broadcast as well and have been reading Steven's manager's blog on his web site. Their family is truly inspirational. It's made me take a long, deep look at our family and what we need to do differently. I continue to pray that the Lord is glorified through this horrible event.
~Missie Ray G
Post a Comment