For the most part the last couple of days in Oklahoma, was spent around the house relaxing. The kids played, dressed up, danced, played some Wii. On Thursday, Theresa mentioned going to the only Mardel we hadn't hit in the vicinity, I'm like "Sure, let's do it!"
We left the four oldest at home, only because they wanted to, and we took the youngest two with us. The thing that made it worth it for them was they got their own personal DVD player right in front of their face. They were also bribed with a "special treat" from Sonic during Happy Hour.
Now Theresa and I have had several "dangerous" adventures happen to us when we're together. You can read about our last adventure here... only this time it was a different type of "snake" we were dealing with.
On our way to the north side of OKC from the south, my sister being the "crazy" driver she is ;o), got some man (white male, around 60 years of age, mustache with graying hair mixed with some blond and/or red, 180-190 pounds, height was a little hard to tell but I'd guess between 5'10" -6'1"), in a red pickup truck, a little mad at us. I think it took us a few minutes to realize that this guy was staying right with us on the right side, no matter the fluctuation of speed. When he actually would pull even with us, we noticed he was staring, but he would go back to driving slightly back, where Theresa and I couldn't see him without turning around, but the kids in the back may have been able to look at him.
We really didn't think too much about it, until Theresa decided to get into the fast lane and passed all the slow vehicles in the middle lane. I was then keeping my eye on the red pickup via my side view mirror. He started weaving in and out of traffic and actually got slowed up between some semi's, so we were a ways ahead. He then came speeding up in the fast lane, while we were in the middle lane. Theresa, with all her bravery said, "You look at him when he comes by us."
Now he SPED to get up by us but as soon as he was, he slowed down to the speed we were going and once again was staring at us. As I was looking at him coming side by side with us, I noticed his passenger window down. I just told Theresa very calmly that his window is down so get ready to slam on the brakes if we see a little glint of silver. You never know what some of these "crazy Okie's" might do. I had my pink phone out and was getting ready to call the Hi-Po, and I was going to let him see it, and that's when Theresa decided she wasn't going to put up with it, and she crossed several lanes of traffic and sped off of the nearest exit ramp. Of course she timed it just so that there was no way this guy could follow if he wanted too.
As we were getting back on Theresa and I were discussing how our adrenaline was pumping. We then discovered that my reaction is fight and hers is flight. We were keeping our eyes open for a red pickup truck, and we saw at least four different ones exit so I'm sure one of them was his.
Some of you may be asking, "Did you get the license plate number?" No, we were unable to because he never got in front of us and we believe that if we tried to slow down he would have too, right beside us. (FYI- In OK, the license plate is only on the back of the vehicle, unlike CO where there is one on the front and the back.)
Later that night, once the adrenaline was gone, Theresa did a little "freaking out". She was thinking of BTK and the sort. I was like, "It's fine. He was just trying to intimidate us. It's not that easy to get info from a license plate number for an average Joe, trust me I've tried." ;o) We then did some "karaoke-ing" to get our minds off of it. We got some great laughter in, then...
She got to go to sleep with her man... I slept with my pink phone!
(My apologies to anyone who may be offended by the term "Okie". I do not use the term with most people from Oklahoma, just the "crazy" ones!)
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
1 comment:
You two crack me up!
Love your description of the suspect!!
Post a Comment