I was inspired enough that I decided to make it a school project. On Thursday, the 9th, the kids and I headed to the Garden Center at Wal-Mart, we picked up 8 planting pots, 8 different seeds, 4 huge bags of potting soil, and 1 ugly green water container.
We followed the directions and planted the seeds to the best of my understanding what the directions called for. We then watered. Now we are waiting and seeing.
Each kid has two pots to keep an eye on and to water:
Preston = Cherry tomato's and Lettuce
Sowing and watering.
Tanner = Red Bell Peppers and Red Onions
Sowing and watering.
Landon = Cucumbers and Carrots
Sowing and watering.
Kaylie = Watermelon and Tomato's
We are all excited to see the new growth!!!
Red Onions on Day 6 we saw new growth in 4 out of 6. We prayed over the other and on Day 7 (today) there was new growth there too!

Late last night I noticed some growth on the carrots, Day 6. If you look real close you can see a few grass like sprouts sticking out of the soil. Carrots were suppose to take 14-21 days to sprout.


We are still anxiously awaiting to see the tomato's, cucumbers, and peppers to show up through the soil. I also ended up planting some radishes because they are ready to harvest so much more quickly. I wanted the kids to feel the satisfaction of helping something grow and then reap, a little quicker then what the other plants will do.I have a Part 2 coming to "Sow, Water, & Growth".
1 comment:
What a great object lesson!! How neat! Cant' wait to see more growth!
Post a Comment