On Good Friday, we took the kids to the rec center to enjoy some swimming. They received an early Easter gift...some goggles. We had to take them to the pool to try out their new goggles and so they could practice what they've been learning in swim lessons.
Here's a little back ground with the swim lessons. (I'd actually had planned on blogging about it, but never got around to it so here's a quick version.) Preston and Tanner are in the same class, the same age group and same level. Landon is in a class all his own, and Kaylie didn't get in because they were all full. The first lesson I took Landon to, he refused to get in. I was not very happy at all. Jeff came in half way through and he couldn't even get Landon in.
Jeff said he would take him to his next lesson. I guess Landon got in at the very end. I was ready to not take him back and he was going to "lose" his new swim trunks, he wasn't going to get goggles, and he wasn't going to get to swim for "fun". Jeff was willing to give him one more try...he got in and loved it.
Preston practicing his strokes.
Tanner doing his strokes.
Landon and Kaylie under water...which is something they'll do in the bathtub but not in the pool.
Kaylie and Daddy
The boys
Everyone with their new goggles.
2 comments:
What a good looking bunch you've got!
Swimming sounds so fun-I just bought a new suit a few weeks ago and am anxious to use it!
Glad ya'll had fun!
Great family-with-goggles shot...but Julie-you have to get in some pictures sometimes! :)
Post a Comment