Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our New "Coffee Table" Book



I'm published!
For months now I have been working on this project of putting by blog into book form. At times I was consumed with it. Other times I had to take an extended break from it. It all started when my mother-in-law asked about printing off my blog. I had been thinking about wanting to print a copy off for me so my kids would have something in the future.
I did some research on some options. I found a way to print my blog but that would have taken a ton of ink and paper...not only that, one drop of moisture and it's ruined. I then looked at printing it off and then making color copies. That would have been 50 cents a copy. Way to expensive! I then found this website http://www.blurb.com/. They have different layouts and styles of books, you pick what you want and you create your own book. I personally thought they were well priced especially after looking at the cost of printer ink, copies, etc.
I also added photos throughout the year. So this book is not only by blog from 2008, but it's also now a photo album for us. We are pretty pleased with it, I have found a mistake but it was my fault and not theirs (that's why they tell you to order one first, then order more), but we are proud!


(Sorry about the lack of spaces. I tried and tried to fix it, but couldn't.)

8 comments:

Shelly said...

That's awesome!

What a great idea! I'm gonna have to look into that!

Jae Davis said...

Julie,

Kudos to you. Your book is beautiful and will leave such a positive part of your heritage for years to come.

Your blog was like a gift from heaven to me. I have been having anxiety about how I would save all of the blogs I've done, as well. Like you, I balked at the cost of printer cartridges & paper to get good-quality copies. Like you, my blog is a gift for my children when they get older. Do you mind if I copy your idea?

Love Ya!
Jae

Tirz said...

What a fantastic idea! I love this and I think I'll be copying you too. I've just been saving everything in Word to one day print off for a book I'm working on for the family. I was just going to print them and put them in a binder but your idea is sooo much better!

JulieAnn said...

Copy away girls! Like I said, it's the best option that I could find and it's much higher quality then anything we could do on a printer.

Jeanie said...

Very cool. We are big blurb users!

Jeff said...

I must say is it the best book ever put in print (other than the Bible) & that my wife is the best author ever in history (other than God)! Love you hun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like it turned out beautifully, Julie! That will be a fun heirloom for sure. :)

Maria the Great said...

I love this! I've been looking for a good option for this.