Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break = Blizzard ???

On Friday, I ended up leaving Oklahoma a little earlier then planned because of the impending weather. The closer I got to Wichita the worst the weather. The last 45 min. to an hour I was in sleet and freezing rain. We passed four separate accidents. The kids and I did lots of praying for angels to be around us and around those driving by us. I'd say our prayers were answered!


Because of the winter weather/blizzard that was suppose to be hitting the Wichita area on Saturday, we ended up spending two nights at my sister Tammy's house. My parents ended up also being there, which was not originally planned, but it was a great blessing to be able to spend that time with them too. I'd say we got 1.5 - 2 inches of sleet, before we got the snow. The storm ended up not being as bad at they originally forecasted, which is good. The kids and I only had hoodies and jackets with us.


Here was our weekend at Aunt Tammy's.

Sleeping in sleeping bags in the living room.

Freezing rain ~ Snow ~ Wind
Yummy, homemade potato soup!
Playing with the dogs' toys.

Coloring...Yep...with permanent markers!

Lots of games! Some Disney Trivia, which Landon and Kaylie played and then Tammy and I played (the children's version)! Phase 10 and Yahtzee...lots and lots of Yahtzee!

Lovin' on the dogs.

A "walk" in the snow (from the house to the van). My kids did not have the proper attire on our trip to play in the snow. I was really quite sad for them.

Tammy was then cravin' some white cheddar popcorn from Karmelkorn...which got me wanting some cinnamon popcorn from Karmelkorn. So we all headed to the mall and what do you know. They were closed! :s Half of the stores in the mall closed up early because of the weather. We were pretty frustrated but we decided to take a "joy" ride on the escalator for the kids' sake, and we walked through the whole mall to get to the candy store to see the price of jelly beans. They were too expensive.

When I left Sunday morning around 8 a.m., the roads were clear and I then had a safe, uneventful (if I don't count the movies not working with the computer) 8+ hour trip back home.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I love all your family adventures! And I love how your kiddos dress alike in their yellow sweatshirts!

So glad you had a good, safe, fun filled trip!