I have once again made it through a week where I didn't get much posted but I want to share what we have done. I originally planned on putting it all in one post, and "reviewing" the week. I've decided to do individual posts.
MONDAY, March 9, 2009
It was once again Kaylie's gymnastics's day. This time I had all the kids with me. The boys brought an activity book to do. For the most part they ended up watching the kids. They were begging to be in gymnastics after seeing the bars and rings they got to swing on, the trampoline to jump on, and the balance beam to walk on.
Before we went to gymnastics I talked to Kaylie about "let's try to work on standing in line". Through the week I tried to practice with the boys and they began "cutting" and fighting on where they stood in line. So "practicing" was not a success, but I did see where Kaylie may have learned "how" to stand in line. But after my talk with her, and me letting her know that if she does a good job then she will get a special surprise, we were off to the rec center.
Kaylie did really well at working at standing in line. There were just a couple of times I saw her slip in front of another kid, but there were many times when she got behind others and then she would look at me to see if I saw. They also got another instructor...which one was not enough for five little kids running around.
Here are a few pictures of the day.
The teachers had them really working on the kids standing like a pencil and saying "Ta-da" at the end. This is her getting ready to do a somersault but standing in the "pencil" position. With the new teacher Ms. Christy.
This was something new they did this week. They practiced swinging on the rings.
Kaylie "working on" standing in line. She did very well!
This is after Ms. Becca helped her flip around the bar.
On this bar they were suppose to use their hand to "walk" across the bar without putting their feet down. Kaylie had NO problem doing that...she zipped right across. She was the best.
1 comment:
Our little gymnast in the making! I'm so proud of you Kaylie! - Daddy
Post a Comment