Monday, March 9, 2009

Whoo...glad this one is past.

This weekend was a long weekend, yet over all good.

Friday, I started out with my women's study and some Beth Moore. After study, the plans were for Jeff and the kids to lead me to a home in the mountains. There is a couple, who has a full basement, with kitchen and all, that allows pastors to use it for free, and others can use it and even church groups can use it for a small cost. Once I was "dropped" off there, Jeff and the kids went on a hike.

Since I'm going to be sharing at a women's retreat in April, I thought it might be best if I get some one on One time with the Father to find out what He wanted me to share. It's scary for me to not be told exactly what to talk about. Especially when there are four others sharing also. How do you know if you won't repeat exactly what someone else has shared? Or what if there is a little bit of contradiction with what others have shared? Do you see where this "scariness" is coming from? Only God knows what everyone is sharing, and what the ladies need to hear, therefore that is why I am seeking Him.

To get the one on One time, I told Jeff that I needed to get away from the house. I was thinking a nice hotel room nearby would be nice, but he was thinking money. So he hooked me up for a free space out in the mountains. It was a very nice house and a very beautiful view, but most important it was a quiet place to pray and think.

On Saturday, I decided to leave four hours earlier then planned because of snow, and I just wanted to get home. When I was packing up I could see a flurry here and there, when I took my things to the car the snow was coming down more steady but fairly light, when I finally took off it was coming down pretty hard. It had already began to collect on the narrow, curvy mountain road. I was very thankful to have left when I did. When I got on I-70 it was snowing and blowing so hard it was hard to see too far in front of the car.

Sunday then rolled around with one less hour of sleep. This past Sunday I have been dreading for several weeks. There were several people going to be gone out of our children's ministry, so it was going to all fall on me. After you add the time change in there, I started getting really nervous. Saturday night I did lots of praying that God would remind all the workers to change their clocks and that they would show up for church on time! It was not a morning where we had any "spares" to throw in a room to cover a teacher. Praise God He answered my prayers! He also worked out another issue, and one of my fellow team members was there to help with the check-in table that was not suppose to be there. I thanked Him for that too.

After church we then had a Key Leader Appreciation dinner to go to. So off the kids went to Ms. Shannon's... after Kaylie was talked to by both Jeff and I, several times, about "not painting the cat." (Are you wondering what this is about? Read it here and here.) Jeff and I then headed to the Cinebarre. The owners of Cinebarre worked a GREAT deal with the church. We rented a theater out, Jeff was able to plug his computer in with their system to use the movie screen for his presentation, we (as in 54 of us) got free drinks for the 4 hours we were there, a movie, everybody got to order their pizza of choice off of the menu and everyone left with two VIP tickets to come back again! We were the first "party" the owners have done, and I have to say they did an excellent job!

We were done by 7:30, we picked up the kids, and they were incident free! We came home and put them to bed and then we headed to bed. Jeff was asleep by 8:30! ("Body time" would have been 7:30! I was pretty wiped out myself but I then got into a book so I was a little later at turning off my light.

That was my weekend.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Oh my word, I'm so jealous that you got to go to a house in the mountains by yourself! What a fabulous blessing! And I'm so glad you made it home safe and sound in the snow!

Cinnebar-that sounds like a neat place. Wish we had something like that here!

Love ya girl!