This morning we had a couple of extra passengers on our way to church. When I parked, Preston is grabbed something out of a paper bag and Tanner is also grabbed a plastic container. I asked what they had, and they showed me.
SPIDERS!
Two different kinds, a daddy long legs and a big, fuzzy, black spider. I informed them that they are not taking them in the church and I had told them yesterday that they couldn't take any of the "bugs" they catch in the house. The boys ended up letting them go in the grass. Preston fought me a little because he wanted to keep his 'daddy long legs' but after discussing how it would die in our hot van he decided to let him go.
After church, I did see Tanner go back to see if he could find the spider where he had released it. I'm very sad (wink, wink) to say he was unable to locate it.

4 comments:
Ok, that gives me goose bumps just reading about it! I do not like spiders at ALL!! I dont' like any bugs unless they are dead and NOT in my house! That's why God gave me a girl, I think-because He knew I couldn't do bugs!
And by the way-I get my new backgrounds from "cutest blog on the block." I love your layout though and love how your able to use a picture!!
Eeww ... gave me the heeby jeebies. Do not like spiders! I guess that's what happens when you have little boys:-)
YIKES! Not the kind of church growth you want!
Haha, am I the only person who loves spiders? And, you know, spiders aren't technically "bugs." They're arachnids, not insects. So maybe they still could've taken them to church. :D
Post a Comment