Happy Father's Day!
I would love to do a wonderful Father's Day tribute to my father and to the father of my children, but I spent all day with my father, up at the hospital. I apologized for not giving him a card (though he did get an electric razor from us) and he said there couldn't have been a better gift then me sitting with him. I'm very tired and I just wanted to share about today.
Theresa and I headed up to the hospital around 8:30. The night went fairly well for both dad and mom because she has stayed up there the past couple of nights, and she is tonight as well. Mom and Theresa headed out and then Tammy came up and sat for a while, around 4:30 she headed back home and then mom was back up.
Not much new happened today. Dad's nose is still bleeding out of one side. Yesterday it had slowed down but today it seemed to be bleeding more. I could see the anxiousness in dad, and there were times you could see him "thinking". I offered to let him "share his feelings" with me as the pamphlet the dr's gave me said to do, but he didn't want to take me up on that. ;o)
There was still laughter throughout the day. One of the funniest was when dad got his supper. It was Mexican food, which dad can't eat, so the nurse felt really compassionate. She asked mom and I if we wanted to go "get him something special for his last meal?" She then said, "Oh, that didn't sound good...that's not what I meant...I mean the last meal before surgery...I'm so sorry..." Mom and I were rolling and dad was even chuckling in his bed.
We ended the day with the whole family, minus Landon :(, going in with dad and praying for him. It was decided that Matt would open and Jeff would close and anyone else could pray in between. We all laid hands on him from his shoulders to his toes. I totally had planned on praying but as soon as Matt started and then seeing (yep, I didn't have my eyes closed) my dad getting emotional made that painful knot move into my throat, that if I had said anything I would have broken down. Every grandchild prayed for him, then mom said a prayer and then Jeff closed. None of us girls were able to do it.
Everyone hugged him and said goodbye. It was hard. Tomorrow will be a long day. Many, many prayers.
My kids laying their hands on grandpa.
Jeff sharing the Amplified Version of Matthew 11:28. This verse was shared with mom and she appreciated it.
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.]"
2 comments:
Hey girl-
Just wanted you to know that I'm praying throughout the day for you and your family. Can't wait to hear the update!
love and hugs coming your way!
Julie,
Your blog and pictures helps me almost feel like I'm there, too! And I wish I was!
Love you!
Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment