Friday, June 12, 2009

"If You Build IT, They Will Come."

For the past couple of years the kids have been asking for a tree house. Jeff would always say, "Someday." We were in a rental house so we couldn't really build a tree house. Back in April, when I was away at the women's retreat, Jeff finally decided to build it. He used things we had sitting in the garage...old lumber, old doors, paint, etc. It's taken the span of a month and a half to get it finished. He also added a tree swing.


Our yard is now the hit, of not only our cul-de-sac, but the neighborhood. We have four kids who come around that don't live in the cul-de-sac. (Two are missing from the last pictures.)


Here is some pictures from the process. (You can click on the pictures to see them larger.)


This is what I came home to from my women's retreat.

The doors and other wood that became the floor.

Most of the floor is done.



A little primer and frame for the rail.

He built it...and they came!


The boys actually looking at the camera.

The girls are still lovin' their pictures being taken.

The crew, minus two.




4 comments:

Shelly said...

That is so cool!! I always wanted a tree house growing up. I never got one, so now I want to come play in yours!

Way to go Jeff!

Tirz said...

Tree houses are the best! Wow! Jeff did a great job on the tree house. I can very easily imagine how the kids must just LOVE it!

Jeanie said...

It looks awesome!!

Jeff said...

So glad the kids love it! That is sooo funny how the girls smile & pose for the pics & the boys could care less. You are my pretty little girl Kaylie! I love you!