Sunday, July 18, 2010

Frisco Trip - Part 3

Read Part 1 and Part 2, and then join me for Part 3.

After loading our van for the 3rd time, and checking out of the Best Western.
We headed for a drive through the mountains.


Some biker guy we passed the day before, mentioned that Climax Pass was a beautiful drive. So Jeff, being Jeff, decided we need to go see it.

We then headed for Climax Pass towards Leadville.
All I have to say is, we passed Climax pass before we realized we were there.
We didn't go back.
We just kept driving to Leadville.


When we finally hit Leadville, all the kids were hollering that they were hungry.

So Jeff asked some lady where a park might be.
She gave us the simple directions to where she thought one may be.


We came upon the park and we decided it was a beautiful place,

to spend some time for lunch and to stretch our legs and burn some energy.


While there, we had to take off our shoes to feel the AstroTurf field.



It was HOT!
We couldn't stand on it for long.




We then loaded back into the van in search for another pass
that would get us to a much higher point than Climax Pass did.

We came to Turquoise Lake.



We then saw this...



...and had to stop so Jeff and the kids could explore
while I zoomed in and took pictures.


We loaded back up and
Jeff continued on to where he thought we should go,

even though "Sam" his GPS kept saying turn around.
(I personally think we should rename "her" Lucy...
short for Lucifer.)

We saw a sign that said it was a "Picture" place.

So we had to pull over to take a picture.

Here it is...yah, we just laughed.



But the boys were much more interested in the scat.
(Poop, for those who don't know the technical term!)



We jumped back in and hit the road again.
I then made the observation that we were just going around the lake.
Jeff then realized that there was a reason his "precious" GPS kept telling him to turn around,
he finally did.

We then found the right road.



Here is what it started out like.



We saw some beautiful scenes.




We then saw a sign that said restricted access
and it had pictures of the different types of travel allowed.
I mentioned that it showed jeeps and we shouldn't go.
He didn't listen.
No, he didn't!


We soon hit this...



then this...



and then this.


The kids then ended up "freaking out" and they were ready to jump ship.


Jeff was a little red around the neck,

which means there was something making his blood pump,

whether it was fear, nerves, or excitement,

I'm not sure.

Jeff decided to let them out

and I thought I better get out because they needed at least one surviving parent.
Jeff agreed.



This is him trying to find a place to turn around.



We had several vehicles pass and we had to step on the steep side to let them pass.

(This was right after a truck passed, and the guy stopped asking if we hiked up here.
As he was driving off, Tanner said, "He was drinking and driving!"
The guy then yelled it was rootbeer.
I'm sure.)


Jeff must have found a place to turn around,
because here he comes back down,

and he's not the jeep.


Since we were up there, the boys wanted to climb some rocks.
Kaylie and I let them,
while we set in the van out of the rain.

(If you click on the left picture, you'll see the boys.)


We then decided instead of heading home, we would stay at the condo the last night.


The kids were out.


~July 2

1 comment:

Jeff said...

That van will go anywhere! Praise Jesus!