Monday, July 26, 2010

Struggle

"If you cannot express yourself on any subject, struggle
until you can. If you do not, someone will be the poorer all
the days of his life. Struggle to re-express some truth of God
to yourself, and God will use that expression to someone
else. Go through the winepress of God where the grapes are
crushed. You must struggle to get expression experimentally,
then there will come a time when that expression will become
the very wine of strengthening to someone else; but if you say
lazily -- "I am not going to struggle to express this thing for
myself, I will borrow what I say," the expression will not only
be of no use to you, but of no use to anyone. Try to state to
yourself what you feel implicitly to be God's truth, and you
give God a chance to pass it on to someone else through you.
Always make a practice of provoking your own mind to think
out what it accepts easily. Our position is not ours until we
make it ours by suffering. The author who benefits you most
is not the one who tells you something you did not know
before, but the one who gives expression to the truth that
has been dumbly struggling in you for utterance."


-Oswald Chambers
My Utmost for His Highest

You will probably have to read this through a few times to really get it.

Read that last sentence again.

Have you ever gone,
"Aha! That is exactly what I'm thinking, or going through, I just didn't know how to put it into words."

I have, so many times.

What good are our struggles and trials,
if we don't struggle to "re-express" ourselves
so that others can get some good out of it,
and just maybe be drawn closer to the Living God.

1 comment:

J E A N I E said...

Thanks for sharing this. One of my kids needs this right now. I am going to share!