Last week, our family went on a 'field trip' with the homeschool group we are a part of. We went to the Wildlife Experience in Parker Colorado. At W.E. we got to see a movie on Bugs, we visited the exhibit on Animal Grossology, had some hands on fun in other areas.
I do have to say that the Animal Grossology was gross! There were exhibits on tape worms (which is nasty to even read about), on bloodsuckers, slimy things, poop, flies that vomit on your food and there was even an exhibit where you squeezed this tube and it would release a puff of air with a smell and you were suppose to guess at what the smell was. After the first puff I started gagging and then decided that was enough hands on for me! (My puff was the wonderful smell of fox urine. Which if you recall from this post, that was a way to get rid of squirrels. I am now very thankful we did not have to go there! It's bad enough that we still get the smell of moth balls on occasion.)
I don't know how much my kids actually learned at the Animal Grossology because they wouldn't stay at one exhibit long enough to read all the information to them. I do know they had fun and they won't soon forget this trip.
1 comment:
Oh no-no-no! My motto is that when I am asked to smell something, the answer is automatically, "No way!" You must adopt that!
:)
Post a Comment