
Politics is something that you are always told not to talk about. But there are so many people out there that are sharing their opinion (which a lot I disagree with) so why not let me put out what I think.?.
This really won't be a long spill but someone in the Bible study I go to on Friday's, made a comment and I couldn't agree more and I feel everyone should ponder this, especially those who follow Christ.
This lady, I will call Sue, was sharing that she was talking to a friend and this friend is so confused on every thing and the candidates that she just wasn't going to vote. Then Sue made the point that we may not really know about and aren't sure of the two presidential candidates so we need to pray about and vote on the things that align with God's heart and Word.
What are the positions that McCain and Obama take on issues that might align with God or not? What about the sanctity of life? Marriage? Protecting those who can't protect themselves (Proverbs 31:8-9)?
Sue also pointed out...and it was an "ah ha" moment for me...that God can lead a country no matter what individual is in the office. I know that should be pretty obvious, but I had forgotten that point.
So I am calling all of you and especially those of you who are Christians to really look at the stands the different presidential candidates take on moral issues, and then vote with what aligns with our Father in heaven.
3 comments:
Julie,
This presidential election has been such a struggle for me. You know I don't mince my words. I told Travis tonight, "I'm voting for McCain. I don't think he's "president material," but he is pro life. That's my deciding factor, period. I don't believe we are going to hell in a handbasket if Obama wins, either. He just isn't pro-life and I can't support that decision." We can't have a primary do-over (unfortunately), but we must exercise our right to vote because people died for our right to vote. You and I will be wearing our "I voted," stickers November 4, Julie! Oh...Did you know all US women were first legally able to vote in 1920? Imagine. There was an old political ad I came across with a man holding two screaming babies at the dinner table and the wife is going out the door to go vote. The poster simply said, "voting day." I thank God we either have husbands that will watch the kids for us while we vote or children that behave well enough to go with us to vote!
You go girl. I guess I'll be saying NObama this election. However, can I say he has the most beautiful family? I hope all of the candidates come to know Jesus.
Love,
Jae
There is that scripture in Proverbs about the heart of the king being in God's hands...that God can turn it? I should actually look it up.
Anyway-it is true. We are citizens and have both the right and the privilege to vote. And we have God's assurances for us as His people that go beyond being a citizen of the US. We're Kingdom people. Regardless of where in the world we are-I am just an alien passing through...:)
I agree. Vote!
Post a Comment