I had this in my drafts and forgot about it, so thought I better get it posted!
A week ago, Jeff and I got to go on a double date! We ended up going out Sunday after church. We have a wonderful family in our church who has offered to watch our kids whenever we need to go out. The kids love going to their house because they have friends to play with, there are dogs that they usually get to take on a walk and who knows what other kinds of fun they have there.
We ended up having a seven hour date! After dropping our kids off, we were picked up by our friends Kevin and Marty. Our first agenda was to eat! It was close to 2:00 and we were all hungry. We decided to have some Famous Dave's BBQ! We ended up getting a meal for 4-5 and they bring it out on something that resembles a trash can lid. We had some wonderful food and some great fellowship time. (I do need to mention that most of the talking was done by the men! Marty and I got a word in on occasion but it was difficult with Jeff and Kevin :P)
After eating, it was on our way to the movies. We went and saw Fireproof....WOW!!! It is not the best of acting, because it was done by volunteers, but you get into the story line and the acting is forgotten. It is hard to explain all the feelings that go with this movie. It will make anyone think about their own marriage or relationships they are in. It is definitely a great one for those to see who are having trouble in their marriage. It also has the salvation message in it for the unbelievers who see this movie. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD so we can add it to our library of movies.
After our movie we were all on a high. We then realized it was around supper time and we kind of forgot all about our kids needing a second meal. So we called our babysitters and they were already feeding our kids pizza and they told us not to be in any big hurry. So we then decided to go to Wal-mart to pick up a few things for Marty and then we went to Culvers for some frozen custard! Yummmm!!! This was a great ending to a great day. We had a yummy treat with some great conversation, and it had been quite some time since I had laughed so hard!!! I won't go into detail because I don't want to embarrass certain individuals but I will say that the four of us are on a totally different level of friendship now! ;o)
Sorry I didn't take my camera, I thought of it when we were at Culvers. :(
We can't wait until the next time we have the chance to double date!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago
2 comments:
I love you Julie! - Jeff
You four just melt my heart! You and Jeff and Kevin and Marty all mean the world to me. I'm so glad you guys got a great date in! I saw Fireproof last night - amazing, amazing movie!
Post a Comment