Friday, February 20, 2009

Blast from the Past

I figured out how to scan old pictures. So I decided that since my birthday is coming up I would post a picture of my childhood!

(L-R: Brandie Turner, Nathan Parker, my sis Tammy, Me, Lynn Sanborn)

This was actually me having a little birthday celebration with some friends. I'm not sure of the exact year, but looking at it I'm guessing it was 1981 or 1982. I look like I was either turning 6 or 7 years old. I remember my mom made a pyramid with some Suzy Q's and had a candle in the top one.


This was one of the few times that I actually had friends (neighbors and babysitting kids) over for a birthday. Our birthday celebrations were always small and with family. Why can't they be so simple now? A few Suzy Q's, family, and some fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your hair Julie! I did not know you had short hair some while you were a kid! It reminded me so much of Kaylie! I sure do love you! - Jeff

Jeanie said...

I can tell you were a people-person, even then!